Saturday, November 9, 2019

Well, I'm back



Now a hundred years later (bc i'm old like that) I'm coming back on here and will try to be current.   au courant Francine ...    2019! almost 2020.

   anyways i live in nyc now 8+ years and taking pictures all the fukkn time, showing basically nobody -- so that's the motivation of this blog  -stay current by showing current work  -but also throw in so much from the past since it's all mostly un-shown work. 

i've spent the last 5 years really archiving all of my films/ contact sheets (and I have a lot since, remember? i'm now ancient).   I love getting into contact sheet k-holes. I think I may change my entire website to crops from contact sheets and then work on making those selects into real photographs you can feel & touch.


 okay gunna just start throwing stuff out now. 
xo david   ps:


oh! and looks like it's not even a current!  jeezus.. oh well.  I decided to start with the last screenshot I just made.   And.. --i'm still currently working with michael full time, so that part is Au courant.  Francine.  (that's from john waters polyester, divine makes me pee my pants forever, love you divine ..one).


This is from the last r.e.m. tour, 2005 in a dressing room right after Michael finished shaving his head before the concert and I loved the chandelier (of course michael stipe has a chandelier in his dressing room. Damn, europe is so cool that way).  I was Michael's personal assistant on all of the r.e.m. tours 2001-2008 is how I always get these shots of him.





  


































I'm going to show parts from each contact sheet when I post on here because they are the best story tellers of what happens in one roll of film.   This one shows a cute one of my xbf mike sleeping, must be in holland.    rolleiflex is such a beaut camera.  so dusty the photos i know but this was when I was first starting to archive and didn't really pay attention to so much dust on the outside of the plastic sleeves when i began scanning them.  the negs are clean i swear!   somehow the dust works tho.





gunna hit the sack now, i'm working w Sylvia tmrw.  She is my secret favorite sunday morning job (more about that later;)  xo    





No comments:

Post a Comment